Passport Land - Emilie Katherine Arnebergh nee Abraham (1908-2009)
Emilie Katherine Arnebergh (5 June 1908, Chicago, Illinois - 8 Jan
2009, Santa Barbara, California) was born Emilie Katherine Abraham, the
daughter of Henry and Katherine Abraham. In 1920 and 1930, Emilie K
Abraham was living at 2131 Grace Ave, Spokane, Washington, with her
parents and 4 siblings.
Abraham married Roger Arnebergh (17 Aug 1909, St Paul, Minnesota - 25
Jan 2004, Los Angeles, CA), on 1 May 1937. Roger Arnebergh was City
Attorney for Los Angeles for twenty years, from 1953-1973, heading an office that grew
from 76 to 185 lawyers. You can read more about him on Wikipedia.
From 1989-1995 (at least), they lived at 88 Saddlebow Rd, Bell
Canyon/Canoga Park, Los Angeles, CA.
Emilie Katherine Arnebergh died 8 Jan 2009, Santa Barbara, CA, aged
They had a
daughter, Pat Arnebergh, who married Dave Holt, and they had two
children Gary Holt and Candice Holt.
Her father was Henry Abraham (born 15 March 1884, Austria or Hungary or
Romania, German-speaking), emigrated 1904, naturalized 1909,
parents both born Austria or Hungary). In 1910, he was living at 4360
Emerald Avenue, Chicago,
Illinois, with his wife and two children.He was a Butcher in a Packing
House. From his WWI Draft Registration Card, he was living at 1303 W
, and was a Foreman at the Armour & Co Plant, and his nearest
relative was Johannah Krause living in Repps, Austria. In 1920, he was
a Fireman at a
Packing Plant. In 1930, he was Ernest Abraham, living in Los Angeles.
Her mother was Katharina or Kathrina Durtz or Catherine Durtz or
Katherine Durtz or Lurtz (32 in 1920, emigrated 1903, naturalized 1909,
born;Austria or Hungary or Romania, German-speaking,
parents both born Austria or Hungary).
They married in 1906/07, and had children:
- Emilie Katherine Abraham (see above)
- Henry F or H Abraham (8m in 1910, 10 in 1920, born Illinois)
- Ethel E Abraham (7 in 1920, born Illinois), married _____ Parent.
Alive in 2009
- Ralph Robert Abraham (4 Dec 1917, Spokane,
Washington - 25 Sep 1980, Los Angles, CA). He later changed his name to
Ralph Robert Rogers. You can also see Ralph Robert Rogers' 1976
- Robert Abraham (1 month in 1920, born Washington)
- Frederick Charles "Fred" Abraham (born 19 Dec 1919, Spokane,
Washington - alive in 2009)
- Jack Abraham (7 in 1930, born Washington - alive in 2009)
Roger Arnebergh's ancestry
Roger Arnebergh's father was
Targe Arneberg (15 March 1877, Minnesota - 5 Jan 1951, Del Norte, CA).
1905, a labourer, living in St Paul. In 1918 and 1920, he was a
Shipyard Machinist, working in San Pedro, CA, and living at 1017
Esperanza, Los Angeles.
Roger Arnebergh's mother was Amelia Graagaard (born 24 May 1880,
Denmark - 19 Apr 1953,
Los Angeles, CA), parents born Denmark and Germany, emigrated 1898.
Divorced by 1930.
They married by
1903, divorced by 1930, and had children:
Roger Arnebergh's grandparents were:
- Anna M Arneberg (2 in 1895, born Minnesota)
- Magdalena A Arneberg (15 in 1920, born Minnesota)
- Paul E Arneberg
(22 in 1930, 12 in 1920, born Minnesota). Tax Office Surveyor in 1930
- Roger V Arneberg (17 Aug 1909, St Paul, Minnesota - 25
Jan 2004, Los Angeles, CA). Insurance Co Clerk in 1930.
- Katherine A Arneberg (13 in 1930, 4 in 1920, born California)
- Asbjorn Tarjesson Arneberg, (?, Norway - 2 Apr 1919, Ramsey Co,
Minnesota). He was a farmer.
- Sara Asbjomsdotter Haugaasdalen, born Norway
- ____ Graagaard, born Denmark
- ?, born Denmark or Germany
Emilie Katherine Arnebergh's American passport was issued on 3 July
1961. You can also view her 1966 and 1975 passports.